Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Friday 12 October 2012

Vintage Illustrations & Animals

Finally Friday! Happy days ahead... Family gathering for my siblings' birthdays on Sunday (they are not twins though) and a bit of relaxing before yet another busy week. I am slowly but steady getting into my mind framework about my thesis, and I feel ready to start a bit of actual writing next week. So happy days indeed!
 
But today, I will show some of the various scans I have from old magazines and new magazines. Long before I knew the term I have been a scrapbooker - or at least tearing out the things from magazines I liked or which inspired me. Usually, I kept them in plastic envelopes divided by themes - vintage, haute couture, interior, wish list, etc. etc. As I have mentioned here on the blog before, due to a slight try of being more efficient in digging these images out I will post these scans here, so you guys can enjoy them as well.
Naturally though, I may not be able to remember from where precisely these images came from but I will try to credit properly to the best of my ability.
 
I adore old illustrations. Simple as that. And I adore Kay Bojesen's mid-century wood animals.
And I love that both of these things seem to have a sort of revival. On various sites, I see many illustrators' works (just think about Taschen's now 4 volumes about Now Illustration!) and Danish Modern architecture and interior design are still going strong - perhaps stronger than ever these years. Therefore, a little collection of both for you guys to enjoy...
 
 The Bunny, the Hippo with pencil (I recieved this from my sister and her husband for my birthday!), and the Bella the Dashhound which was the first animal that Bojesen created in 1934.
 Perhaps the most iconic, also the one which has been in production the longest, the Monkey from 1951.
 The Elephant from 1953.
 
Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...