Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Wednesday 17 October 2012

{Fashion Fix} Maison Martin Margiela for H&M

The sneakpeaks from the lookbook are fast making their rounds on various fashion sites, and I will admit I was at first baffled by the news of this upcoming collaboration. To me it was probably the least likely scenario in fashion collaborations ever!
 
And yet, here I am thinking - this is awesome! Brave, sophisticated, minimalistic, edgy, and smart. Granted, some styles are definetely not my 'cup of tea' but I really applaud both MMM and H&M for coming up with a collection embodying the best of both worlds, and I really love that a much less commercially known brand will be featured in this way. I was excited about how the avantgarde style of MMM would be created for the mass market.
 
Surpricingly, I really like a lot of the styles.. Usually, MMM is not really my thing but perhaps because the avantgarde is toned down and become more 'wearable' it gets me? Nevertheless, who cares what I think? Let's see some of the pictures... Here's my favourites (about half of the collection) from the upcoming Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collaboration. It is expected to hit certain stores and hm.com November 15th.
 I really like this bag and a nice oversized sweater in navy will always have my name on it..
 Probably not a dress or set (I cannot tell exactly which it is) I will buy but the shoes!!!!
 I like this oversized blazer/coat.. This will be something I hope to get a chance to see up close.
 Again, probably not one of the things I would buy but I really like it nevertheless. Also the boots and the necklace are quite gorgeous.
 I do hope that's a necklace!!! And if only this sweater dress was shorter...
 Interesting take on the classic white shirt. Excited to see this up close..
 Beautiful jacket; classic and modern at the same time.
Be still my beating heart! This is beyond perfection.. Wuaw!
 
So, any cravings already or are you saying 'pass' on this colab??
 
(images via costume.dk)


1 comment:

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Hello - thanks so much for visiting and following my blog. I love the name of yours! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...