Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Tuesday 21 August 2012

{CFW SS13} Elsa Adams; Whiite; Ole Yde

Some more lovely looks of promise for next summer. Here in Denmark, we just had a small heatwave but now it seems like autumn is slowly setting in. Not that I mind that much really (I know, it is a terrible thing to say) because I am looking forward to be wearing boots, scarfs, gloves, and stockings. I cannot seem to pull out my inner fashionista when it is too hot. So many of these looks would also just be something I would wear in the spring or on a 'cold' summer's day.

First up is Swedish designer Elsa Adams who is a lace artist. I believe this is the first time she shows in Copenhagen, but I really liked her designs. Even though she is known for her use of lace, it was especially the white leather jacket which caught my eye. Very feminine and edgy at the same time.

Next, is the brand which featured one of my favourite looks of all the showing brands. Quite extraordinary that I haven't picked out more looks from Whiite, but it was a very basic and safe collection, very wearable and stylish at the same time. It was just that I thought it had been done before. However, some of the looks were extremely well done and I am head over heels in love with the last look, the suit. So beautiful!
I really adore the jacket and find it epic chic that the trousers are capri length.

Last up for today is Ole Yde, another designer which gave the glam in glamour. Like Jesper Høvring, he dresses the rich and the beautiful while the rest of us dreams of his designs. And dreamy they are, though I did find his cellection this time to be slightly more minimalistic if that can ever be descriptive of gowns and cocktail dresses. His collection had pops of bright, almost neon, colours, but the looks I liked the best were his white and black designs. Again, a dressing suit and 30s inspired gowns were my favourites.

So, a little more from the Denmark's efforts of establishing us as a fashion nation.

all images from Copenhagen Fashion Week

1 comment:

Sarah Klassen said...

Oh my, some lovely pieces here! I adore the jumpsuit, and so many of the separates—thank you for sharing!

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

x
Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...