Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Wednesday 27 June 2012

{Frail Nature}

Hi guys, long at last! Truth be told, I had my final oral exam last Tuesday and it went beyond expectations, so I am very happy.. Nevertheless, I could feel the strain the stress had taken on me and thus was in much need of place, space, and quiet musings of and on my own. I have been ctaching up on my reading - for pleasure!
I almost started crying one day when I was sitting at a café reading, and realizing that I couldn't remember when the last time I had done that was... So overwhelmed just by finding myself doing one of the things I treasure most in the world. It was kinda scary really.. So I will be taking it very nice and easy this summer before the last battle is at dawn (meaning my dissertation).

These images are of another of my favourite things, branches. Their strength and frailty all at once; the stern boldness as well as the delicate flowers. At this point in my life, I feel very much like such a branch.
A small part of the bigger tree, but the tree wouldn't be without the branches, and yet the branches possess just as much beauty on its own as joined together with the rest of the tree.

{images from my Pinterest and Tumblr}

1 comment:

Carole Poirot said...

Well done! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you that the exam went so well :-)

The photos are beautiful and make for a lovely and calming post. Hope you can find some more time to relax.

Have a lovely weekend xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...