Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Monday 24 October 2011

Florence+TheMachine - Shake it Out

Have you heard the first single from Florence + The Machine's new album? It is absolutely devine.
She writes the lyrics that I wish I could write, and has a sound which speaks to my heart - even the things my heart doesn't want to admit yet.
I get sort of weepy and feel my stomach tighten whenever I hear something either profoundly beautiful or something that gets under my skin unintentionally. It haunts me.
I always admire those writers, whether in music or literature, who can write with surgical precision and yet continue to show the great depths within their words. With very few words I think that Florence Welch describes somethings which are hard to define and yet does it so elegantly and poetically too. And her videos are equally melancholic and beautiful as her music and voice.
Please enjoy!
{via}
 

1 comment:

Carole Poirot said...

That song is brilliant and I'm the same as you: absolutely in awe of the real talents like her... xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...