Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Favourite Things of the Moment


At the moment, I am completely lost to the fresh spring feeling my lilac soap gives me each morning. So welcoming in stead of this frenzy of a fall with too much to do. However, a most amazing contribution from school is my first meeting with Jean Rhys' works. How utterly amazing! If she was a religion I would be a convert..
She has the same gift as I pointed out with Florence Welch from Florence + The Machine, of writing with such precision - knowing fully what to tell and what to leave unsaid - that within her works there unfolds many stories. Stories which you don't see at the first glimp. Heartbreakingly beautiful and excellent. If you have not, then please make Wide Sargasso Sea your next read.
I could almost taste the colours and see the scents she describes.
(how I hope I get that for my oral exam! It would be the most awesome exam ever..)


To cool my exhubiant emotions after such a narrative, I am in love with my new Guerlain eyeshadows. They are quite creamy so this set will last a long time. I choose the more secure palette of greys, blues, and browns with a touch of cobber. A brilliant mix of the sea and the auburn hues of the falling leaves all around.

And last but not least, my Eiffel Tower-necklace from Accessorize to keep reminding me of my plans of one day settling in Paris.
To keep my eye on the goal. Makes me remember that the issues I am dealing with are all just means of an end to get me to Paris and help me become the best that I can be.

Do you have small tokens or items that reminds you of your dreams?

{all images are mine}

1 comment:

Joy said...

Very nice blog you hhave here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...