Love is not visible to the eyes but to the soul - Shakespeare

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Amber par Excellence

A few nights ago, I stumpled on a TV show about architecture and the host visited the Catherine Palace in Russia, and from the first view I was completely dumbstruck! Definately on my 'must see in real life before I die' list. It was build in the 1700s but was bombed during WWII and is now restored to its original glory. I just can't stop looking at the detail.. Especially in the amber room. I have always loved amber, it was called the gold of the North, and I recall many summerdays at the beach trying to find a piece of amber. Never succeded so far, though. I'm also scanning every jewlery store to find a pair of earrings like those Nicole Kidman wears in The Hours as Virginia Woolf. Perfection in my humble opinion.
Anyways, I just wanted to share some pictures of this place with you guys.
Images via 1 2 3 4 5 and 6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...